Sense and Sensibility.(On fibromyalgia)


Senses working
1,2,3,4,5  
Jesus, 6 is on overload
Actually 5 not far behind
4 , sort of cool.

4, touch
First noticed when my teeth started to feel temperature
When my lips tingled from the morning breeze
The sun coming out from behind a cloud
The slight difference a more than slight surprise
Pins and needles on the ends of my fingers
Just from lifting my hand
The slide of sheet over a toe
As if it had never happened before
Which of course it had
I just never noticed.
But I notice now
When touch leads to pain.

5. Smell
I love you the best
The rain in the morning
Halted holding still before the wind takes it away
A walk down the cobbled lanes in Genoa
Coffee in the air
Espresso Italiano,
The barrista,  an old man in San Remo
Toast cooking in the neighbor’s apartment
A thousand breakfasts before heading to school
Grass cut
Long distant schoolyards
Jasmine
You always flowered at Christmas

History clings to every sniff
Maybe somewhere in my circuits gone haywire
Neurons misfiring
You, 5,
Are laying next too memories
I never want to forget

6 - Sound
Amplified
The high notes crisp
The low notes run into each other
Too many overload the amp

First noticed in a café.
Where each conversation heard as if I was at the table
Then it was a joy
Noticed in a busier food hall
An even busier bar
To much and my head starts to hurt
More proof
One should never eat in food halls
spend to long in bars
Then at my families home
The place were you want to feel safe
Ma , Christ – ‘Can you turn down the television set’!
Better still turn it off.

6, you are amazing
6, you are a nightmare
6, I love you
6, get out of my head.

1,2,3,4,5, Senses working overtime, like an 80's song
Intriguing, exciting,
Creating a sense from which I can describe
A writer’s library opened
Until the amp overloads
All the books
 Trying to be read at the same time.

Yoda told me
Touch leads to feeling
Too much feeling leads to pain
Pain leads to the dark-side.
Yoda – did you have fibro ?

It’s not all bad
It’s a new way of thinking
I learn day by day
Looking for the bright side in senses working overtime
The sensibility of sense.
And not thinking of the pain
That will not go away
But I try I not to let it win
Thinking too much about it.
Will lead to the dark side.
And we all know Yoda is dead.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wellington On A Plate / 30 upstairs Gallery Event

The Sound / Voom - Neck of the Woods : A backstory.

Senseless Night