Flowers over Hanoi



A lake in Hanoi
Flowers before every monument
Petals brighten
Someone taught me that
Orchids I see between lilies
A reminder of my father past
Who grew them in the thousands
Somewhere else
Another time.


To a Cantonese restaurant, I go
To enjoy all of the food
He talked about
To relive a past
In footsteps walked
And places similar
But not the same
Footsteps that made no sound
During wars
Another time


Over dinner I realise
Travelling alone
When you have travelled
With love
Someone else to share
It’s is not the same
Harder now
No hand to hold
Though memories shine
Of another time.


Over dinner I find
No matter where you go
You are always alone.
But flowers blossom
Brighten memories
A past love
Only an aroma away
For today I dined with my father past
And I am not alone
This time


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wellington On A Plate / 30 upstairs Gallery Event

The Sound / Voom - Neck of the Woods : A backstory.

Senseless Night