Child's Play





The word I won’t say lest it scare her off
That sits at the top of my tongue waiting to slide down and out
And when it does the playground will be open to me
Or not.

The word I won’t say because it scares me to say it
To let myself go and leave myself open
To what she says in return
What If the seesaw drops and she is not there on the other end

Other words come easy
I will climb up and over them
Roll with them on the grass
Shout them from the top of the castle
But they are not what I feel
  
I yearn to
not always play alone in the sandpit
I want to take walks to the point and further
To grow up just enough to
At some time stop acting like a child
Gain the courage to say

I love you

But only in some moments
The rest I just want to play on the swings.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wellington On A Plate / 30 upstairs Gallery Event

The Sound / Voom - Neck of the Woods : A backstory.